Left 4 Dead 2
Second installment in the popular and scary team-shooter game series
- Category Action
- Program license Trial version
- Works under: Windows 8 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows XP
- Program available in English
- Program by Valvesoftware
Left 4 Dead 2 for your PC lets you experience all the fun and excitement of one of the hottest action and adventure games on your own computer.
Released in 2009, Left 4 Dead 2 follows the same story as the first game. Green Flu, a plague that swept around the world, infected humans and created a storm of zombies who want to kill and eat any uninfected they encounter. You play as someone who is immune to the virus and move across the American south to find and save survivors of the plague. Some of the destinations you hit along the way include New Orleans and Savannah.
Other zombie games are a little boring because those zombies come at you so slowly that you have plenty of time to knock them down or run away. Left 4 Dead 2 sends some of the fastest zombies you have ever seen before after you. You need to make split-second decisions based on the supplies you have on hand. As the game changes based on the decisions you make, you'll find a brand new game waiting for you each time you play.
This demo comes with a single campaign level that gives you an idea of what you can expect in the full game. You have the option of playing on your own or playing online. If you play by yourself, the game gives you three computer generated characters to help you with your mission. In online mode, the game automatically selects three other real players to join your group. The four of you must work together to complete the campaign.
The full game increases the excitement even more. A versus mode lets you play as a bad guy. You have the chance to send infected characters after real players to stop them from accomplishing their goals. Scavenge mode sends you into a world filled with zombies and asks you to collect items in that world. There is also a survival mode that lets you see how long you can last as a swarm of zombies attacks.
Fans of the original game will find that Left 4 Dead 2 is a little too similar and doesn't offer a whole lot more, but fans of zombie games will want to play it at least once.
- Demo lets you play on your own or with three other players
- Features exciting graphics that pull you into the game
- Comes with new weapons and zombies not seen in the first game
- Gives you an idea of what to expect in the full game
- Demo changes each time to give you hours of play
- Fairly similar to the first game
- Can take some time to learn the controls
- Demo lacks the excitement of the full game
- Demo only lets you play one campaign